Re: [Hampshire] OT: Domains purchased via UK2

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: Domains purchased via UK2
On Thu, May 13, 2010 20:12, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> At one level, that's perfectly reasonable as the above is a quote from
> their Terms and Conditions, and thus the information is available to all.
>
> However, at another level it's close to extortion: the domains do not
> below
> to UK2, but they refuse to release them without a ransom being paid.
>
> Just a heads-up in case others are considering registering domains with
> UK2: if you do, make sure you're happy to keep them there for at least two
> years.

You can deal directly with Nominet to get your domains transferred to
another tag holder. That will cost money, but you may consider it more
preferably to give money to Nominet than to UK2.

As a Nominet member, I think it's sharp practice to charge for moving a
domain. The actual amount of work is tiny, and they will have almost
certainly have automated the process anyway.