Re: [Hampshire] 32- or 64-bit distro?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 32- or 64-bit distro?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x582cc100.hantslug.org.uk.10525': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue May 4 18:44:13 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 06:14:36PM +0100, Russell Morris wrote:
> Yup, Adobe's x64 flash player works really well, I've not encountered anyone
> who has had a problem with it. Before it was around, problems galore!

I've had nothing but crashing Firefox and black boxes with Adobe's
64-bit Flash 10. It just doesn't work, at all. Dreadful piece of tat.

Not that I miss it greatly. The sooner HTML5 starts working, the
better.

Hugo.

> On 4 May 2010 18:09, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi Russell,
> >
> > On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 01:00:48PM +0100, Russell Morris wrote:
> > > I would personally recommend using AMD64 on any capable system; flash
> > isn't
> > > an issue these days, and it's very rare to encounter a program that fits
> > if
> > > you're not on an x64 system.
> >
> > Are you sure? I don't run any 64-bit desktop/laptop systems myself
> > (for this reason) but at OggCamp just a few days ago the subject of
> > Flash came up and many people said they were still having big
> > problems using it reliably in 64-bit Linux.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andy

   --- Debugging is like hitting yourself in the head with hammer: ---
           it feels so good when you find the bug,  and you're
              allowed to stop debugging.  -- PotatoEngineer