Re: [Hampshire] OpenDNS benefits

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenDNS benefits

> The main downside of OpenDNS (and many similar services) is that
> nonexistent domains resolve to one of their ad servers.

You can turn that off - but IMO, you shouldn't have to.

But we're all Linux geeks here - why not just run your own resolver? It's
dead easy, and is the single biggest improvement to web browsing I've
made.

The only downside is when it comes to diagnosing problems for BT or Virgin
customers - by not using their indescribably bad services, you fail to
realise the problems faced by these customers...

Vic.