Re: [Hampshire] Basic drawing programme to design roof exten…

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: rogermunford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Basic drawing programme to design roof extension
On 14 April 2010 11:11, Roger Munford <rogermunford@???> wrote:

> John, you will be pleased to know that the command line is there and you
> do use it a lot when entering exact measurements. If you need an
> interesting project to get stuck into, think about putting solar PV
> panels on you roof.
> It looks like a good investment

I think the payback period for PVs in the UK is something like 30
years due to the lack of sunlight in the UK.
I think, due to wear and tear, the PV would have to be replaced before
30 years, so using PVs in the UK does not give you any TCO savings.
It would only help you feel better in a green sort of way!