[Hampshire] [hants] Linux works, Windows doesn't....

Author: Isaac Close
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [hants] Linux works, Windows doesn't....
Hello,

Sometimes I am confronted with a computer that refuses to install or run windows without crashing badly at every attempt, yet the machine will happily run linux without problems.

Whilst I appreciate that some computers develop this personality, most customers do not share my enthusiasm.

I am talking generally about computers that did once work with windows but for some mysterious reason they no longer do.

What could cause this ?

For example, I have a machine on the bench (ironically with a 'WinFast' mainboard), it just wont do windows. I am trying out iquisitor (live linux type distro with lots of testing tools) and so far it all seems well.

My simple brain tells me its probably some sort of BIOS corruption ?
But i just dont know.

thank you very much

Isaac.