Re: [Hampshire] greetings card makers

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] greetings card makers
On Monday 22 March 2010 16:44:01 Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Edward Beckmann <edward.beckmann@???> [2010-03-22 16:00]:
> > Of the many buggy and naff programmes my Mum used to use on windows, card
> > makers were some of them.
> >
> > As she is not savvy enough to just use open office to insert and rotate
> > images, does anyone know of a very simple linux program or templates? I
> > have had a quick look but only found one (free greeting card maker
> > 1.9.*), which has really low ratings.
> >
> > I find them naff, but simpler to explain to a 79-year-old than DIY
> > documents.
>
> ** end quote [Edward Beckmann]
>
> I'm not aware of one, but that's not to say there isn't. My mum used to use
> MS Publisher that came with the old (well, new at the time) Dell my parents
> had, so is there a template that would make things easy for Scribus? I
> don't have a machine with Scribus on to hand to check, but I would have
> thought one could be created.

OpenOffice.org definitely has some.
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=openoffice.org+greetings+card+template&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=af53484c05009a1c

in case the horrendously long hyperlink does not make it through the email
system, the search terms I used in Google were:
openoffice.org greetings card template

I apologise for my incompetence with long URLs. I know what I am supposed to
do, it is just that I have never succeeded in doing it. :-(.

HTH
Lisi