[Hampshire] Packaging help needed

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Packaging help needed
<rant>
Linux is getting more like Windows. A development box was
upgraded from Kubuntu 9.04 to 9.10, and now our rpm packaging
scripts are broken.

Packaging under Linux is a complete shambles. We haven't
had packaging issues for Windows software for over ten years.
The idea that you have to ship separate packages for deb32,
deb64, rpm32, rpm64 and a tarball is complete insanity. If we
cannot get this sorted out to a reliable solution, we'll just go
back to shipping tarballs and bunch of shell scripts.
</rant>

We need help. We provide some of the best and strongest coffee
in Southampton. There's even a limited amount of payment
available. Documentation is mandatory.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691

believed to be clean.