Re: [Hampshire] OggCamp10 - 1st & 2nd May 2010, Liverpool

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OggCamp10 - 1st & 2nd May 2010, Liverpool
** Alan Pope <alan@???> [2010-01-13 11:48]:
> 2010/1/13 Paul Tansom <paul@???>:
> > Out of interest, why Liverpool?
>
> Why not ? :)

Sounds a good enough reason ;)

> One of the big issues with running an event like this is having
> someone 'on the ground' to do the legwork of sorting out venue,
> accommodation, travel options etc. Dan Lynch (from Linux Outlaws and
> Rathole Radio) is based in Liverpool and has the time to sort things
> like this out. In addition we figured that having OggCamp on 1/2 May -
> immediately after the Rathole Radio Roadshow on the 30th April would
> be ideal. This way, people who turn up on friday night can go out and
> be sociable before the main meat of OggCamp 10 itself.

Sounds a perfectly reasonable justification :)

It remains to be seen whether I'll actually make it this year, and whether the
extra distance adds to the complications or not. My first reaction was "oh no,
not further away", but no doubt there are those reacting with "yay, closer" :)

** end quote [Alan Pope]

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: