Re: [Hampshire] Select from main menu in Dragon Player

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Select from main menu in Dragon Player
On 11/24/2009 09:23 PM, Lisi wrote:
> Dragon Player 2.0, KDE 4.3.2, Kubuntu Karmic.
>
> I have got a DVD there waiting to be played and it starts off marvellously.
> Then we get to the bit that shows a relevant (if you are lucky, silent)
> picture and:
>
> PLAY FILM
> SCENE SELECTION
> STORYBOARD TO SCREEN
> LANGUAGE SET-UP
>
> or something similar. I cannot find out how to progress beyond this point.
> None of the things I have tried has any effect at all. (Arrows, tab, page
> up/down, space bar, m, mouse.... )
>
> Since it is the default video player in Kubuntu Karmic, it presumably works
> and I just don't know the magic incantation. So, Help!! Is anyone a) in
> possession of the necessary knowledge and b) willing to share it?
>
> As a footnote, the owner of the computer lays great emphasis on multimedia, so
> I installed LinuxMint for him. It was a disaster! Karmic, so far, looks
> much better - but I am stuck. I thought that I would try the easy things
> first!!! (Among other things, I still have to get Spotify installed and
> working.)
>
> TIA
> Lisi

Not a solution for Dragon Player, but I use Kaffeine, with xine selected
as the default engine on my Laptop (Fedora 10, KDE4 - yes I need to
upgrade!).

That "just works". You can either click on the appropriate part of the
picture with the mouse, or you can use the cursor keys to scroll around
and select the one you want.

So a solution if nobody else can solve it would be to use Kaffeine and
Xine instead.