[Hampshire] Select from main menu in Dragon Player

Author: Lisi
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Select from main menu in Dragon Player
Dragon Player 2.0, KDE 4.3.2, Kubuntu Karmic.

I have googled this, but do not know the right question to ask, so am getting
nowhere. I have looked at the Dragon Player Handbook, but what is probably
the relevant part announces that it has not yet been written.

I have got a DVD there waiting to be played and it starts off marvellously.
Then we get to the bit that shows a relevant (if you are lucky, silent)
picture and:

PLAY FILM
SCENE SELECTION
STORYBOARD TO SCREEN
LANGUAGE SET-UP

or something similar. I cannot find out how to progress beyond this point.
None of the things I have tried has any effect at all. (Arrows, tab, page
up/down, space bar, m, mouse.... )

Since it is the default video player in Kubuntu Karmic, it presumably works
and I just don't know the magic incantation. So, Help!! Is anyone a) in
possession of the necessary knowledge and b) willing to share it?

As a footnote, the owner of the computer lays great emphasis on multimedia, so
I installed LinuxMint for him. It was a disaster! Karmic, so far, looks
much better - but I am stuck. I thought that I would try the easy things
first!!! (Among other things, I still have to get Spotify installed and
working.)

TIA
Lisi