Re: [Hampshire] Kubuntu 9.10

Author: Chris Aitken
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kubuntu 9.10

> Just been playing with kubuntu 9.10 and it's looking good on my old
> Toshiba laptop. Much cleaner interface by default, less wasted screen
> space, wireless configuration is excellent and performance is good
> too. Still not sure about desktop gadgets but they're pretty and easy
> to delete.

I've just tried the Ubuntu 9.10 live CD, but it doesn't have the driver for
the Broadcom 4312 wifi card in my Dell D630. Strangely the driver was there
in 9.04. Sure - I could download it, but I'm in the lounge and only have
wifi access, so it's a fail here.

Seems I'm not the only one to miss it [1]

Chris

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bcm43xx-fwcutter/+bug/379052