Re: [Hampshire] [Job] IMAP Proxy & LDAP integration.

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Job] IMAP Proxy & LDAP integration.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 17:20:01 +0000 (+0000), Simon Capstick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A small job:
>
> Has anyone had experience of setting up a (secure) IMAP proxy along with
> a public CA certificate? LDAP integration, along with setting up
> OpenLDAP to authenticate users would be a real bonus.

IMAP proxy? What's the backend email storage? I use IMAP (dovecot)
with Maildir storage personally. The box itself is all LDAP'd up so
the "local accounts" are in reality LDAP ones.

Dovecot also supports directly querying LDAP (including TLS goodness).

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, ...