Re: [Hampshire] Intercepting shutdown

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Intercepting shutdown
2009/10/20 Leo <linux@???>:
> Peter Salisbury wrote:
>> There are a few different ways that shutdown happens depending on what
>> you have installed. The normal with a modern install is via scripts in
>> /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux which all have self-explanatory names and
>> simple contents. All the default shutdown script does is call
>> "shutdown -h now".
>>
>> HTH, Peter
>
> I've just tested those scripts and it seems none of them get called when
> shutting down using the gnome menu :(
>
> Leo

That's strange, the official FAQ at

http://live.gnome.org/GnomePowerManager/FAQ

has this Q&A:
---------------------
Where do I put my custom suspend/shutdown/hibernate script?

Because gnome-power-manager uses HAL to toggle bits in the hardware,
you need to put your custom instructions in
/prefix/share/hal/scripts/system/hal-system-power-*

Granted the path is a bit different to the one I suggested, so perhaps
look for another place just to be sure?
find / -name "hal-system-power*"

All my notes on what I found out are at:

http://www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html#[[xfce%20xubuntu%20hibernate]]

HTH, Peter