Re: [Hampshire] IBM Hursley

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] IBM Hursley

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e96100.hantslug.org.uk.26717': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 18 22:03:15 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 03:13:58PM -0400, Andy Random wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Hants LUG Chairman wrote:
> > My hope is that we could have a home/office/application talk stream and
> > a more technical stream. The home/office talk would include more
> > application and user type talks and the technical talk stream would be
> > more guts if the technology style - giving a wide coverage.
>
> Certainly sounds like a plan to me, though getting enough talks lined up
> for two tracks to run all day would probably require some drum beating and
> perhaps a little press-ganging...

The latter task can be farmed out to the lugmasters involved --
given that Hants managed about 3/4 of a full day on its own, I think
that two full talk streams should be eminently achievable with, say,
4-5 LUGs involved.

> > PS If anyone has a decent list of LUG chair emails that would be nice too, I
> > only have contacts for a few.
>
> lug.org.uk provides a list of LUGS with contact information, specifically
> for the South East try:
>
> http://lug.org.uk/lugs/south-east
>
> Though I don't know how up to date it is.

It's generally as up-to-date as lugmasters tell us about it. (To
wit, not at all).

> As an alternative you might want to consider posting to the LUG
> Masters mailing list, they could do with a new flame-war (we haven't
> had one there for a while:)

It's more likely to engender the biggest bout of shed-painting
since Pope Julius II asked Michaelangelo what colour he should paint
the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel...

Hugo.

                 --- This year,  I'm giving up Lent. ---