Re: [Hampshire] Xorg is hungry today...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xorg is hungry today...
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:41:29 +0100
Lisi <hantslug@???> wrote:

> ..... but it makes me feel as uncomfortable as going downhill with an
> automatic gear-box: out of control.

you just take your foot off the accelerator and brake gently to slow
down if needed.

There is one hill near here when coming back from Dorchester, where it
descends a long winding hill approaching the Evershot junction where I
sometimes think the car is going too fast, especially in the dark.

But otherwise I feel fully in control and the benefits of having an auto
box in heavy traffic, negotiating roundabouts etc, more than outweigh
any slight problems.

My car allows for putting the gear box into manual for times when
engine breaking is really needed, on Swiss mountain passes for
example ;-)

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid