Re: [Hampshire] Stand by to grind you teeth

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Stand by to grind you teeth
On 11/09/09 17:19, Timothy Brocklehurst wrote:
> On Friday 11 September 2009 16:05:33 Roger Munford wrote:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/09/ms_linux_pitch/
>
> You seem surprised... Don't be.
>
> "The claims are not unlike those Microsoft has made in the past" no, more
> identical really.
>
> I think we've started to see the fall of microsoft to be honest, and it's not
> because Linux is amazingly good (it's great, don't get me wrong), but it's
> because Microsoft is now seen to be lying by more "average" users, not just
> developers.
>
> Tim B.

M$ will continue with desperate measures to try and hold on to its
monopoly. Its business model is now faltering because most people and
businesses just need XP as a platform to run applications. Therefore
they now have nothing new to sell. Vista was a disaster and Windows 7
will not make up for this. Linux has played a part in this, but the
reality is M$ is to blame and Linux will continue to benefit and
increase its market share. Bill Gates did a Tony Blair; he both got out
while the going was good ;-)

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk