Re: [Hampshire] Genealogy

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Genealogy
Graeme Hilton wrote:
> I run into this with my wife... I've stopped fixing the Windows
> installation on the dual-boot laptop so now all the warts are
> appearing. Linux is gradually looking like a better option for her.
>
> Hopefully we'll reach the stage where she doesn't realise she's not
> using Windows!

I made my lot go cold turkey and they haven't looked back.

Our one Windows XP license is now on a dual-boot machine, and that is
used exclusively for gaming, with all other functionality (office,
graphics, music, email and browsing) on the same machine provided by Ubuntu.

My wife's laptop was supplied with XP Home and that was nuked and
replaced with Ubuntu, as was the Vista Home instance that came on my
daughter's Acer laptop, and my son opted for an Acer One (back when they
were supplied with Linpus Lite on them), having had only positive
experiences with Ubuntu.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk