Re: [Hampshire] Is anybody here using puppet?

Author: Simon Strange
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is anybody here using puppet?
> We use puppet for all our clients - it's excellent.
>
> Is there anything specific you're struggling with?

Portability was the biggest issue I've run into so far.

e.g. I can use the "User" and "SSHAuthorizedKey" options on Linux and
Solaris, but they fail to work fully under OpenBSD. (e.g. adding the
user succeeds, but the password is never set.)

Otherwise I think I've managed to resolve most of my outstanding
queries via IRC & the documentation.

It's just unfortunate that the primitives are still at the mercy of
per-OS implementations. But providing the gaps in the implementation
don't widen I may be able to muddle round!

Simon