Re: [Hampshire] Partitions

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Partitions
On 08/13/2009 01:16 PM, Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:

> As gparted seems not to want to allow me to shrink/move anything, do I
> have any option but to back everything up and start again?
>
> Chris.

gparted won't let you adjust or move any partition that is currently
mounted. Seeing as you want to adjust the root partition you will need
to get a live CD, boot without mounting any local partitions, then use
gparted to adjust your partitions as appropriate.

But I would back up you data first anyway just in case, I have come
across the occasional corruption issue :)