Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:26:50 +0100
"Stephen Pelc" <stephen@???> wrote:

> IMHO, it's far more productive to look at best-in-class examples
> than to knock the worst examples. I've never seen a Linux
> desktop to compare with OSX in any of its forms.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I just googled for some images of OSX desktops (since I have never
seen one in real life) and good looking it may be but it has a thingy
at top and bottom of screen and icons all over

I don't like any of these things and much prefer my almost
icon free, no 'thingies' windowmaker desktop, though I have
added a 'Lord of the Swirls' background image to jazz it up

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop