Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
John said

> More than once the use of Microsoft software has save my bacon.

This discussion about bashing Microsoft misses the point as I
see it. What movement there is away from Windows appears to be
towards Apple and OSX. From a user's point of view OSX is both
easy to use and beautiful.

English is the current lingua franca of the world. It is neither
easy to use nor beautiful on most occasions. It just is the
common denominator. Currently, Windows has that place on the
desktop. It may well be different some time in the future.

IMHO, it's far more productive to look at best-in-class examples
than to knock the worst examples. I've never seen a Linux
desktop to compare with OSX in any of its forms.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691