Re: [Hampshire] Running Logitech Squuzecenter software on NA…

Author: Kevin Bagust
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Running Logitech Squuzecenter software on NAS
Keith Buddie wrote:
> I'm installed the package by doing a dpkg -i and it seems to install
> OK and I then start it by doing
> /etc/init.d/squeezecenter start
>
> it does this without any errors and I can see the process running if a
> do a ps but I can't get to it's web interface at
> http://ipaddress:9000. It just gives me a connection refused error.
>
> In it's log file I see this:
> root@NAS:/usr/sbin# ./squeezecenter-server --d_serverThe following modules
> failed to load: version XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Compress::Zlib
> Digest::SHA1 YAML::Syck
>
> To download and compile them, please run: /usr/sbin/Bin/build-perl-modules.pl
> version XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Compress::Zlib Digest::SHA1
> YAML::Syck
>
> Exiting
>
> Great, a solution in the error message... well, no.
> I don't have build-perl-modules.pl in that location although I do
> locate it at /usr/share/squeezecenter/Bin/build-perl-modules.pl
> so I run it from there and get the following output:

Have a look at the instructions for installing for installing the server
it on their forums here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46005&highlight=Expat

post number five seems to detail fixing this problem. If this does not
help, it may be worth having a look in either the 3rd party hardware or
Linux sub-forums there. I hope this helps.

Kevin.