Re: [Hampshire] Centos 5 / yum not expanding $releasever

Top Page
Author: Jon Fautley
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Centos 5 / yum not expanding $releasever

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f23100.hantslug.org.uk.29269': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jul 24 09:01:47 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 9111B5743CA26D44
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:15:04 +0000
Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone ever had yum on Centos (5) stop expanding the $releasever
> variable in the repo config?
>
> I am being asked to fix one which has just started doing this,
> supposedly without anyone having done anything to make it so (no, I
> don't believe that). It's actually started requesting URLs with
> "%24releasever" in them now, instead of "5".

I think that's because yum can't work out what $releasever is. Has
someone removed the redhat-release package or something?

Also make sure there's no reference to distroverpkg= in /etc/yum.conf
(or if it is that it's correct - (redhat|centos)-release)

Cheers,

Jon
--
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCDS, RHCX, RHCA  email: jfautley@???
Senior Consultant                    cell :     +44 7841 558683