Re: [Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5840c100.hantslug.org.uk.8220': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 22 10:24:30 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:12:04AM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 07:30:23AM +0100, Timothy Brocklehurst wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 July 2009 22:54:21 Hugo Mills wrote:
> > >    Let's say I have an IMAP mail server that stores all my mail in a
> > > particular context. I don't have any control over the server itself --
> > > just access as a user.

[snip]

> > I think you've already hit the obvious one... Sieve. just create a .sieve file
> > in your home directory and job done. An extract from mine is:
>
>    Ummm... *What* home directory?

>    The *only* access I have to my mail and the system it runs on is
> through IMAP. (This is an Exchange-based system, and the exchange
> filtering requires me to run IE merely to configure it, and it's
> utterly pointless anyway, as it only allows filters on about two
> header fields anyway).

Sorry, it's been pointed out to me that my original mail wasn't
clear on that point. Apologies for the irritable tone above.

Hugo.

    --- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that ---
               heralds new discoveries,  is not "Eureka!",
                          but "That's funny..."