[Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire…

Author: Lisi
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
My new toy has just arrived and I have been unpacking it and trying it out.

I have told it to its satisfaction what language and keyboard I want, and it
is asking me to choose a password between 6 and 12 characters long. I have
chosen a password of 11 characters but it is objecting on the grounds that a
password cannot contain "specific characters".

What on earth does it mean? Which of the 11 characters must I remove? I have
consulted with Google and searched in dictionaries to no avail. Help!!! I
want to play with my nice new toy.

Lisi