Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer As…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
I find this whole sorry tale initially shocking, then outraging (*),
and ultimately depressing. ((*) - looks odd, I know, but does exist in
Webster's as a transitive verb participle.)
Shocked that something that bad can be released as a product by
anybody, then outraged that someone has taken the Linux system we know
and love and made such an abominable hash of it [and yes, because of
GPL, they are perfectly within their rights to do so]. Finally
depressed because that may be the first and last sight of an Open
Source software product for a lot of consumers.