Re: [Hampshire] Google Chrome OS..?

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Google Chrome OS..?
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:35:27 +0100
Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:

> I think the big difference will be that they say it will be Open
> Source. Google may also end up being too successful for their own
> good, like Microsoft. But if their OS is Open Source in the full sense
> of the term, then at least they won't be able to hold us all to
> ransom.

I noticed my wife has a google chrome icon on her PC, I don't know how
it got there, I certainly didn't install it for her.

I briefly looked at it and wasn't impressed, it looks just like any
google search page in opera/firefox whatever.

I cannot believe they have written a new OS from scratch, it has to
be a clone of one of the existing Linux systems if they are going to
release as GPL eventually.

In which case I cannot see the point of doing it.

"Debian for Ever"

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop