Re: [Hampshire] OT:What? 6 years to analogue ra dio off

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT:What? 6 years to analogue ra dio off

> I know that I'd happily pay £6 extra a year to BT or whomever if it
> guaranteed 2Mbps broadband at home. For a lot of people in (slightly) more
> rural areas it represents an increase in speed!

...But what if the charge is £6 a year extra for everyone as of now - but
the guarantee of 2Mb/s broadband is "by 2020" ?

The unfotunate bit of this whole mess is not the extra cost - £6 a year
really isn't all that bad - it's that it represents a government bung to a
private industry who will (allegedly) buy loads of kit with that money -
then rent it back to the people who paid for it. If the new lines were
publicly owned, I wouldn't worry.

Vic.