Re: [Hampshire] 32bit compiled library on a 64bit system?

Author: Chris Sykes
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 32bit compiled library on a 64bit system?
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 08:46:09PM +0100, David Ramsden wrote:
> I'm also guessing I'm a bit stuck and there's no work around for this? I
> can reinstall with a 32bit OS as this system is in testing but of
> course, ideally I'd like to run a 64bit OS on the 64bit processor that's
> inside the box.

You could install the Lenny vserver or openvz kernels for amd64, then run
the PHP app in a 32-bit vserver guest. I have used a system like
this with some success - the guests don't take up much disk space and all
the tools you need are already in the Lenny repositories.

--
Chris Sykes

       / @sigsegv.plus.com
chris -- @spackhandychoptubes.co.uk