Re: [Hampshire] Mouse issues

Author: Richard Danter
To: linux, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mouse issues
2009/5/26 Leo <linux@???>:
> Every now and then the mouse doesn't work when I switch on the computer.

I have a similar problem, every so often the scroll wheel does not
work but everything else does. Same problem on every version of Ubuntu
I have used (6.06 up to 8.04 on this machine).

> Unplugging it and plugging it back it solves the problem, but it's very
> annoying. The xorg log contains the following when it fails:

Sadly this does not work for me probably because it is a PS/2 mouse
not USB and so the driver is not reset by unplug/insert.

Tis a PITA, but not found any resolution so far unfortunately.

Rich