[Hampshire] Mouse issues

Author: Leo
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Mouse issues
Every now and then the mouse doesn't work when I switch on the computer.
Unplugging it and plugging it back it solves the problem, but it's very
annoying. The xorg log contains the following when it fails:

(EE) Logitech USB Receiver: Read error: No such device
(II) config/hal: removing device Logitech USB Receiver
(II) Logitech USB Receiver: Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"

Does anyone know what the problem might be or how I might find out?
Google hasn't got me very far on this one.

Thanks,
Leo

PS Oh yeah, and it's a Logitech Wireless USB mouse on Ubuntu 9.04. I had
the same problem on 8.10. However with my last computer (but same mouse)
I didn't have any problems on Ubuntu 8.04.