Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Notebooks?

Top Page
Author: Rob Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Notebooks?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x572ea100.hantslug.org.uk.24111': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 13 19:01:22 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key D5908003B0868F43
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 11:56 +0100, john lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:16:45 +0100
> "Chris. Aubrey-Smith" <cas194@???> wrote:
>
> > As we discussed, I've bought a couple of excellent IBM ThinkPads from
> > Sterling XS and I've paid considerably less than £300.
>
> I'll second that, 2nd hand TPs can be a good buy, not so sure about the
> more recent ones but older TPs are robust and well made and some are
> even reasonably light weight.

The stinkpad I had at work was well built, esp the metal screen hinges,
but I did get through about 4 HDDs in it and had the battery replaced
several times.

I bought myself an HP laptop and it's been excellent so far, multicore
thing that allows hardware virtualisation. plenty of spec to choose
from. Arrived within a few days of ordering online.

Rob