Re: [Hampshire] Router secuity alerts

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Router secuity alerts

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5757c100.hantslug.org.uk.11584': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 13 16:08:04 2009 BST
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Wed, 13 May 2009 14:22:27 +0100
Clive Woodfine <clivewoodfine@???> wrote:

Hello Clive,

> No, I checked the router to see what IP TalkTalk had assigned me but
> it was not that shown as Destination.
> That rather puzzled me.

Does me too; You shouldn't be receiving reports from the router unless
the destination was your system.

As Andy implies, if you're assigned a dynamic IP, that would explain
it. AIUI, IPs can be re-assigned "on the fly", so even without a reboot
at your end, the IP could change. Having had a static IP for years, I
don't have such issues, of course.

> Thanks to you and Brad.

You're welcome.

--