Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Notebooks?

Author: alan c
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List, enquiries
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Notebooks?
Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My old Dell Inspiron is coming to the end of it's life, I mostly use a desktop
> system so I don't need an all dancing notebook. I want a small/cheap
> computer, for presentations at meetings and the occasional use away from
> home.
>
> I can get a Dell Inspiron Mini 12 for £380 which comes shipped with Ubuntu.
>
> I can get a Novatech "no name" E15 Pro for £332 with no OS.
>
> The Dell is about the right size, the Novatech is probably larger than I want.
> I can also go for one of the many netbooks too (~ £250), though mostly they
> come with the Windows Tax.
>
> I know some people get second hand units, what can be bought for under £300?
> Where is reputable?

I am a regular FOSS exhibitor at bracknell computer fair and one
trader there I know deals in second hand laptops. Most come with the
original windows licence, although he has put ubuntu on a few which
have no licence. The regulations about dealing in second hand units
will change (tighten) later this year, and about 4 licences are
required for reputable dealers. If I wanted a laptop I would talk to
him, and get his comments I would also also seriously consider his
stock. Stock throughput is 100's per month. If you contact him,
mention me? (Bracknell computer fair Infopoint Free software display,
alan)

his name is Sean
www.wirelessconcepts.co.uk
enquiries@???