Re: [Hampshire] [JOB][ADVERT][SPAMSPAMSPAM] Program Python f…

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [JOB][ADVERT][SPAMSPAMSPAM] Program Python for actual money! amidoinitrite?
On Thursday 07 May 2009 01:39:44 Daniel Pope wrote:
> Since everyone is spamming jobs now, I could do with a Django developer
> - or someone who could pick that up quickly:
>
> http://www.mauveinternet.co.uk/jobs
>
> I've been looking at offices in and north of Portsmouth, so the fact
> that I say "we're based near Chichester" is a bit flexible.
>
> Love and kisses,
>
> Dan
>
> PS. FWIW, 1-2 adverts per person per month sounds like a good way to
> slash the signal-to-noise ratio of the list. Members of our community
> who relay job postings, while perhaps not actually endorsing anything,
> stake their reputation that it's worth our attention. Anyone trying to
> do that without a reputation or trust to stake is just a spammer.

Adverts like this are IMHO completely different from the ones that were
complained of. There is a hyperlink which one can click or not. And it is a
relevant local job.

Full blown, detailed and more frequent job advertisements are far more
intrusive and annoying. They were certainly irritating me - and you, equally
certainly, are not. And nor did Hugo.

I realise that I may not be typical. Just my 2c worth ;-)

Lisi