[Hampshire] A sad day for me (and Tux??). A good day for Bi…

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] A sad day for me (and Tux??). A good day for Bill?
I have been trying for weeks now to record a simple file in Linux, and getting
almost nowhere. (I recorded 2 words yesterday, but now can't do it again.
And anyhow, 2 words is not enough.) I just don't know enough about sound
mixing to understand the instructions, particularly as every mixer and
instruction uses different terms. I don't want to mix anything. I don't
want multiple tracks. I just want a simple recording such as can be done on
any cheap tape player.

So just now, I went right against the grain and tried in XP. It Just Worked.
No jargon. No incomprehensible instructions. You click record. It records.
You click stop, it stops. You click rewind, it rewinds. You click play and
it plays. Not very good quality, but hey, who cares.

So I am going to have to tell Peter that he must record in Windows because XP
provides a simple recorder. :-((

And yes, I have tried to find a simple recorder in Linux. It doesn't seem to
exist.

And if anyone tells me that Audacity is simple I shall go outside and
scream. :-(

Lisi