Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Jon Fautley wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:54:12 +0100
> Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>

>> However, once people see the list as a resource to get to a target
>> audience I can also see it being abused. Apparently the person posting
>> this job has stepped on some toes in that regard and so what is needed
>> is a sensible dialogue to define what is allowable and what is not.
>>

> Please see the GLLUG archives. It's unlikely that "JAMES" will enter
> into sensible dialogue, and if/when banned from the list will proceed to
> attempt to avoid the ban by using different email addresses.

I must confess that I haven't read around the topic and Adrian's
analysis appears to confirm that James' interest in LUGs extends about
as far as his pay cheque.

That said there are doubtless tough times ahead in the workplace and we
might all be glad of a job being dropped in our laps as it were, so it
may be in our mutual interest to allow IT-related job posts under the
guidelines discussed.

Sean