Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday humor...

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday humor...
Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 03:38:04PM +0100, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> However, I do believe there's an unwritten rule between flat pack
>> manufacturers that states any screws supplied with a given unit are to
>> be made from processed cheese. I can't believe I'm /that/ incompetent!
>>

>    Of course, in the great old days of British engineering, screws in
> flatpack furniture used to be made of proper Stilton...

True story: a friend of a friend* got his flat-pack sideboard home one
weekend and set about constructing it.

After a few hours of struggling to make something not even closely
resembling the photograph on the front of the box, he simply took it out
in the garden and smashed it to pieces with an axe.

He is a legend in our house.

Sean

* a mainframe programmer I believe - that tells you all you need to know
right there!

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa