[Hampshire] Book Reviews news

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Book Reviews news

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57720100.hantslug.org.uk.32106': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Apr 15 21:04:14 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

More book review news!

Apress are sending some books to me and I plan to take them to the May meeting
to distribute for reviewing. I'll post to the list once I know what books
they have sent and who now has to review them!

I've just had an email from O'Reilly they are keen for us to review books too.
Additionally if you want to order a book from them go to the UK web site and
use reference OR111 to get a 35% discount.

Here is a list of some of their recent books, there are more possibles on
their web site. http://oreilly.com/

grep Pocket Reference
Version Control with Git
Enterprise Recipes with Ruby and Rails
Ubuntu Kung Fu
Version Control with Subversion, Second Edition
Python for Unix and Linux System Administration
Building Embedded Linux Systems, Second Edition
Learning the vi and Vim Editors, Seventh Edition
Linux Networking Cookbook
Security Power Tools
Learning Perl, Fifth Edition
Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts
Beautiful Security
Automating System Administration with Perl, Second Edition
The Myths of Security

If you want to review any of these or anything else let me know and I'll ask
O'Reilly for copies.

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BookReviews

--
Adam Trickett