Re: [Hampshire] Book Reviews news

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Book Reviews news

> > I've just had an email from O'Reilly they are keen for us to review books
> > too.
> >
> > Here is a list of some of their recent books, there are more possibles on
> > their web site. http://oreilly.com/
> >
> > grep Pocket Reference
> > Version Control with Git
> > Enterprise Recipes with Ruby and Rails
> > Ubuntu Kung Fu
> > Version Control with Subversion, Second Edition
> > Python for Unix and Linux System Administration
> > Building Embedded Linux Systems, Second Edition
> > Learning the vi and Vim Editors, Seventh Edition
> > Linux Networking Cookbook
> > Security Power Tools
> > Learning Perl, Fifth Edition
> > Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts
> > Beautiful Security
> > Automating System Administration with Perl, Second Edition
> > The Myths of Security
> >
> Adam,
>
> Are you accepting bids?

Yes, review a book and it's yours! I'll collate requests and
distribute books on a first come fisrt served basis. I'll pass all
the requests on to O'Reilly and see what turns up in the post.

> Recently, I've been ploughing through several of my old 'basics' books as a
> revision exercise, so I feel ideally placed to review the grep, vi and Perl
> books.

Noted.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
    -- Shane Lazarus