Re: [Hampshire] MS Bashing Re: Don't tell Bill

Author: Alan Bell
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] MS Bashing Re: Don't tell Bill
Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 10:04:27AM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
>
>> Anyone who wants to do some promotional activity of Free/Open Source
>> software can join in.
>> Design and make your own "Don't tell Bill" thing - it could be anything,
>>

> Sorry is this just a Microsoft-bashing list these days?

no
> I didn't think OSS fans had to do that to win mindshare.

they don't have to do anything, but they can if they want.

I really don't want this to be about Microsoft, or any other proprietary
software vendor. It is about all the great Free software that is
available that people need to know about so they can save money doing
the things they already do, and do more for less. "Bill" has no surname
and no specific company affiliation, it isn't about "Bill" any more than
the British gas selloff was about "Sid".