Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Don't tell Bill

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5761d100.hantslug.org.uk.14917': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Dec 6 16:38:26 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Saturday 06 Dec 2008, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> The whole "Don't tell Bill" campaign will lose a lot of subtlety if a
> picture of Bill Gates is used. This is a great idea: please don't spoil it
> by making it an overtly anti-Microsoft campaign as so, so many Linux
> supporters do.

While I agree, I think most people wouldn't recognise Sir Bill anyway...
However there is no point in making any campaign look petty and small minded,
it's about looking professional.

During a global depression is probably best to pitch open source, it's cheaper
than closed source, more flexible than closed source etc, look it's even got
quality advertising - no dirty tricks. When the dot com bubble burst lots of
companies that wouldn't touch Linux with a barge pole deserted enterprise
Unix and "Windows" for Linux in droves.

Don't lay people off, upgrade your software and spend the money on something
useful like training which actually increases productivity rather than buying
old rope...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK