Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...

Author: trotter
To: hantslug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I am a person not a PC...
At 22:44 02/12/2008, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 02 December 2008, Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone been annoyed by the silly Microsoft advert where clueless people
> > claim that they are a PC?
> >
> > The advert really gets on my nerves, because I don't want to be a PC, I'm
> > happy being a human being. I therefore think it's important that we start a
> > meme where people say something along the lines of: "I am a person not a
> > PC" or "I am not a PC - I am a free man".
>
>Amazing coincidence but it's been driving me potty too, it came on at the
>weekend and I leapt from my chair proclaiming "I'm not a PC, I'm a free man",
>my wife did give me an odd look but then said how much it's been annoying her
>too. It's just an attempt to reinforce the idea that PC means Windows, it's
>rather pathetic & scraping the bottom of the barrel if that's the best they
>can come up with.

I hate the mac advert rip off as well.
The idea is there but surely its just too long ago when the mac ads were
running for it to be a riposte?
But i guess in true Microsoft fashion it takes them ages to get
anything done :)

BTW the ad was made on an apple mac!
If you stop it the ad theres some give away sign in it.
Can you say Own goal?

Martin N