Re: [Hampshire] Serial to USB dongle

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Serial to USB dongle
2008/11/25 Dave Walker <DaveWalker@???>:
> Clive Woodfine wrote:
>> I am looking for a means of connecting my Psion Revo to my laptop
>> which has no serial port. Is there anything I should look for under
>> Linux?
>>
> Hi Clive,
>
> As others have said, they all seem to work 'out of the box'. I can
> certainly recommend the ones I have bought from ebay (coming from HK).
> At less than £3, you can't go wrong.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dave Walker

Thanks Dave.

I have just bought one on ebay for less than £4. Coming from the US (I
am not in a hurry) post free! I will believe it when I see it.

Thanks to the others who have replied but I am glad I made the
purchase before reading them as I would have been even more confused
by the hundreds to choose from.

Clive Woodfine