Re: [Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device

Andy Random wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Bob Dunlop wrote:
>
>> I'll just add my response to that of another poster here, I have an
>> Asus EEE 901 and the standard battery gives me 5 hours with WiFi enabled.
>> I suspect the WiFi of being a considerable drain as the access point is
>> old and the walls quite solid.
>
> I really wish you hadn't mentioned that!
>
> :)
>
> I've been resisting upgrading my 701, but I hadn't realised the battery
> life of the 901 is so significantly higher.
>
> Now I'm much more tempted...

I didn't resits at all. Soon as I could order a 901 with Linux I did.
Sold my 701 a few days later. The 901 battery life is so good, that I
never need to bring along the charger.

The other big plus, is I ditched my brief case, for a Case Logic bag for
external hard drives. The 901 is a perfect fit + HSDPA modem and bits
and pieces. A quarter the size of my brief case and and maybe 3 pounds
all up weight.

--
Life is too short.