Re: [Hampshire] Swap versus RAM size (was: I just have to te…

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Swap versus RAM size (was: I just have to tellsomeone...)
2008/10/26 Paul Stimpson <paul@???>:
> Don't talk to us about SAP. Two of my customers have it. Both have noticed a significant decrease in productivity as staff that should be working have to spend time on SAP doing accounts.
>
> I've lost count of the number of times I've heard statements like "but that used to be quick and easy in Oracle." People are lying to suppliers about when they'll get paid because they can't get stuff through SAP in a timely fashion.

And that couldn't possibly be down to a lack of training, or a lack of
support from the SAP implementation team during the transition?

I've been on countless sites where people blame SAP for their business
issues, when the company is too tight or shortsighted to put together
even the most basic education for the enduser community. There seems
to be this belief that you can sit someone in front of a computer and
they will just pick up whatever app it is. That may well be true for
basic use of an app like Word, but I wouldn't trust my business to a
community of undereducated users.

Not saying that's the case on your site, but I've been on plenty where it is.

Cheers,
Al.