Re: [Hampshire] Wireless bridging

Author: tony.lambert
To: rogermunford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless bridging
I've got a cheapo wireless bridge running, between a wrt54g running dd-wrt
and my wap54gadsl combo.
It seems to work quite well - although two wrt54gs running dd-wrt would be
better suited.

Tony Lambert

hampshire-bounces@??? wrote on 22/10/2008 19:44:29:

> I am trying to link a single PC in an outbuilding to an office 80 meters
> away. Uninterrupted sight. I have tried it with a pair of Develo
> homeplugs but they couldn't connect. I am quite sure that they were on
> the same electrical circuit but the circuit length was probably too long.
>
> Presently the office has a wireless router. I foolishly did not make a
> note of the type but it has no external antenna. With a laptop I can get
> a signal about 70 meters away i.e. just short of the out building. After
> a bit of research on the internet, it appears that the solution two
> access points working in bridge mode with directional antennas.
> However most of the articles I found were a out of date and not very
> informative regarding equipment.
>
> Does anybody have any experience and can they recommend any equipment?
>
> Thanks
>
> Roger
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

This email originates from Steria*. It, and any attachments, may contain confidential information and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights. It is only for the use of the addressee(s). You may not copy, forward, disclose, save or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery.
If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and cancel it immediately.
Steria may monitor the content of emails within its network to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures.
Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity cannot be assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is altered, modified, falsified, or edited.
* Steria Limited, number 4077975;
Steria Services Limited, number 2706218;
Steria Recruitment Limited, number 1437998.
Registered in England and Wales; registered office Three Cherry Trees Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7AH

**** Think before you print - save energy and paper ****