Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone else have any mad ideas to do wi…

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone else have any mad ideas to do with computers for if they came into a large sum of money?
Definitely some small, touch screen, slim line machines sprinkled all over
the house. Specifically one next to the loo, a waterproof one for the shower
(karaoke, anyone?), one in the kitchen for looking up recipes and a final
one in the bedroom connected to a projector so that my girlfriend and I can
watch heroes there.

There would have to be a server located somewhere to store all the files
long term. It would also have to be connected to all the appliances so I
could log in from work and schedule washing to be done or the kettle to be
boiled for when I get home/up in the morning.

IMHO the box in the loo should run linux because it's mission critical and
you can't trust Windows for that :P

Stu