[Hampshire] Viglen MPC-L

Top Page
Author: Dr Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Viglen MPC-L

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56f7e100.hantslug.org.uk.16237': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Sep 25 22:39:51 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

At a LUG meeting a while ago I had a chance to look at a Viglen MPC-L computer
that was about to be reviewed by the Ubuntu UK Podcast crew. It looks awfully
cute and it's quite cheap too.

Now that they have been available for a few weeks and in people's paws for a
while does anyone with one want to comment on how useful it really is - once
the euphoria has worn off?

I know in the podcast there were instructions of how to get one at an even
cheaper rate from Viglen, I don't recall if this was time limited so does
anyone know if the deal is still available?

I'm thinking of getting one for my dad to use for email and basic surfing -
nothing fancy. I know it's not going to be fast but it's got to be faster
than his P2-233/256MB box that he has now.

I like the idea that it's small and efficient too and you can get it with
Linux!

http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/

http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/Product_Range/Product_file.aspx?Type_Info=Description&eCode=XUBUMPCL&Type=Desktops&GUID=

As every thanks in advance.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

This would of course be likely to trigger a real constitutional crisis,
but as this Government has done so much to destroy the constitution
already, it seems only reasonable for other people to be allowed to join in.
    -- John Lettice, The Register 2006-01-17