Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x572b2100.hantslug.org.uk.30652': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep 16 20:41:05 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 07:16:58PM +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Hugo Mills wrote:
> > [1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CommitteeElections2008
>
> Is my offer to stand as GO is null and void as there is already an offer
> from Adrian or did you miss my offer? If not these reasons can you tell me
> why, I can take it;) (Too cantankerous, unpredictable perhaps, or does
> the role of devils advocate suite me to well, Damian spelled with an 'a'
> thank you very much:-)

Things got a bit confusing in the large thread, so I missed the
"I'm willing to stand for GO" from you in the depths of it. Mea culpa
on that part. I suspect that many other people missed it, too.

    That notwithstanding, I said in my earlier mail that I'd only add
people with nominations to the list on the wiki. So far, you haven't
had a nomination from another LUG member(*). That's the only reason
you're not on the wiki page yet. With a second as well, you'll appear
on the [virtual] ballot paper at the meeting.

So, anyone want to nominate/second Damian for a GO post?

Finally, we don't have a candidate yet for chairman, and even with
a nomination for Damian as GO, we'd be at one candidate per post for
everything else. Go on... make my life interesting... run against
someone for a post. :)

Hugo.

(*) It's worth noting that there's no reason you can't ask someone you
know, in private, if they'd be willing to nominate/second you. You
don't have to be passive about this process and wait for someone to
nominate/second out of the goodness of their heart.

              --- The future isn't what it used to be. ---